Evanston, IL 60201
We are in need of a team of Banquet Servers to staff upcoming engagements. Banquet Servers are responsible for all table service duties as well as prep work and closeout tasks. We’d prefer to hire professionals with previous waitstaff experience. If you’ve worked in a banquet setting before, we definitely want to hear from you.
Banquet Server responsibilities
- Run food from the kitchen to the banquet hall on demand
- Assist with food and table prep before the event begins
- Set up buffets with food presentation standards and practices in mind, ensuring safe food handling performance
- Serve plated dinners to guests and respond to requests for beverages, appetizers and other needs
- Communicate with banquet supervisor as well as other servers and event organizers
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Open wine and take drink orders
- Clean up venue after event ends and assist with inventory, food storage and other closeout tasks
Ideal Candidates will:
- Be at least 18 years of age to work for First Class Workforce Solutions
- Have excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Have a willingness to work in hot, humid environment and on your feet for 8-hour shifts
- Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Have previous wait-staff experience (a plus)
- Have knowledge of catering practices preferred
- Have the ability to work quickly and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Have reliable transportation required
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check.