20001 Washington, DC 20001
We are in need of a team of Banquet Servers to staff upcoming engagements. Banquet Servers are responsible for all table service duties as well as prep work and closeout tasks. We’d prefer to hire professionals with previous waitstaff experience. If you’ve worked in a banquet setting before, we definitely want to hear from you.
Provides banquet services by preparing banquet rooms; serving banquets; breaking-down banquet rooms.
Banquet Server responsibilities:
- Sets up banquet room by arranging tables, chairs, table linens, china, silverware, glassware, and centerpieces; arranging waiting and beverage stations; providing perishable items, such as, bread, butter, and cream.
- Protects banquet services and banquet guests by adhering to sanitation and safety policies; maintaining clean and orderly work areas.
- Serves banquet by picking-up and delivering guests meals from the kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments; opening wine, providing beverage services.
- Maintains banquet dining experience by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
Clears the banquet room by retrieving perishable foods; clearing tables; removing linens; breaking-down waiting and beverage stations, tables, and chairs; removing trash and recyclable materials; storing equipment and supplies.
- Be at least 18 years of age to work for First Class Workforce Solutions
- Have excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Have a willingness to work in hot, humid environment and on your feet for 8-hour shifts
- Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Have previous wait-staff experience (a plus)
- Have knowledge of catering practices preferred
- Have the ability to work quickly and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Have reliable transportation required
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check.
First Class Workforce Solutions, is the area's leading staffing and recruiting agency for the Food Service and Hospitality positions. For more than twenty-five years, First Class Workforce has been providing employers with proven staffing solutions that help grow their business, reduce risk, and boost their bottom line. Our staffing services deliver workforce solutions that matter and have developed a reputation for quality placement performance. We work with corporate cafeterias, hospitals, hotels, sports complexes, catering companies, and much more! First Class Workforce is looking for individuals who have strong customer service skills, recent experience and knowledge of the position for which they are applying.