Banquet Servers, Banquet Captains and Bartenders
Saint Louis, MO 63103
First Class Workforce Solutions is looking for experienced banquet servers, banquet captains and bartenders for upcoming engagements.
Banquet Servers are the face of an event and perform serving duties for meals at hotels, conference centers, conventions and for special events through catering companies. Banquet servers are responsible for accommodating all guests at a function while circulating the room. Anticipating the needs of the guests and responding politely to their requests are common required tasks.
- Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service, carving stations, bartending, running food during events, buffets, plated, replenishing product and supplies in compliance with event standards.
- Ensure that events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, pulling, setting up and breaking down, as well as returning equipment to designated storages in compliance with event standards and instructions.
- Perform side work by helping to provide a safe and clean work environment.
- Clean, organize and restock equipment/product returning from catering events.
- Understand and adhere to safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following established procedures, policies, training and involvement activities.
- Perform other duties that could be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous waitress, waiter or banquet server experience requires
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent customer service skills
Banquet captains oversee catered events. We’d prefer to hire professionals with previous waitstaff and team leadership experience. If you’ve worked in a banquet setting before, we definitely want to hear from you.
- Communicate service needs to chefs and stewards throughout functions.
- Total charges for group functions, and prepare and present checks to group contacts for payment.
- Ensure banquet rooms, restaurants, and coffee breaks are ready for service.
- Ensure proper centerpieces are displayed on every table.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
We are looking for enthusiastic bartenders to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Our candidate will need to be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate