Houston, TX 77030
First Class Workforce Solutions is looking for a Cashier who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality. As a team-oriented company, we seek an individual who can be flexible with work hours. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform basic math functions to collect payments and make change
- Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions
- Handle exchanges and refunds in a quick, efficient manner
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers
- Maintain accurate cash drawer
- Take a tally of the funds in the cash register when required during a shift and produce transaction reports
- Keep the checkout area clean and orderly
Ideal Candidates will:
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Previous experience in a retail store or as a cashier
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively and professionally with others.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check
- Be at least 18 years of age
First Class Workforce Solutions, is the area's leading staffing and recruiting agency for the Food Service and Hospitality positions. For more than twenty-five years, First Class Workforce has been providing employers with proven staffing solutions that help grow their business, reduce risk, and boost their bottom line. Our staffing services deliver workforce solutions that matter and have developed a reputation for quality placement performance. We work with corporate cafeterias, hospitals, hotels, sports complexes, catering companies, and much more! First Class Workforce is looking for individuals who have strong customer service skills, recent experience and knowledge of the position for which they are applying.