30328 Atlanta, GA 30309
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience as a cook, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; maintaining equipment, inventory, and a sanitary kitchen.
- Plans meals by analyzing recipes; retrieving and ordering ingredients.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our dining hours.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste.
- Completes meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, and broiling ingredients; verifying doneness and taste; assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Properly stores food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Controls costs by adhering to recipes; following preparation standards.
- Maintains a sanitary kitchen by adhering to state and local sanitation, storage, and refrigeration requirements and codes; cleaning equipment.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry.
- Be able to read and follow standardized recipes.
- Have a strong working knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- Be able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a drug test an criminal background check.