Food Service Supervisor
Ashburn, VA 20147
The Food Service Supervisor provides oversight at the direction of management on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food operations or services. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but management may identify other responsibilities of the position.
- Follows policies and procedures
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Monitors productivity of employees.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service and problem resolution.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have 1 to 2 years experience as a food service supervisor
- License/Qualifications Certifications:
- Serv-Safe and TIPS
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally, in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.