Foodservice Tray Delivery
Houston, TX 77030
The employee is assigned to work in food service department areas and perform duties such as assisting in tray assembly for patients, simple food preparation, serving customers and set up to include replenishing stations.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with assembling of trays on Tray-line as needed.
- Responsible for transporting trays for patients on Room Service and Traditional Service as needed.
- Delivers trays with accuracy and efficiency to designated locations to achieve established time frame of 45 min. or less for Room Service meal delivery.
- Maintains technical and professional expertise.
- Demonstrates active listening skills giving full attention to what other people are saying.
- Transports pantry supplies to designated areas.
- Follows proper procedure in loading and transporting of food trucks to prevent spillage and delay of meal delivery to the patient.
- Maintains food cart delivery log.
- Collects soiled trays and carts as needed to prevent excess accumulation on the units and maintain efficiency in the dish room process. Returns soiled tray, retrieval of carts to the units in a timely manner.
- Works in the dish room as assigned.
- Packages silverware or plastic ware as requested for patient trays. Assists with matting of trays and transports clean tray components to the designated areas throughout the kitchen.
- Transporting trash, garbage, cardboard and supplies to assigned areas.
- Follows through with resolving any problems and providing the Supervisor with a full report when patient food service problems are identified.
- Prepares simple food items such as coffee, tea, toast, etc. Labels and dates foods to ensure freshness and in accordance with date labeling requirements of the Food Ordinance. Stores and handles food properly.
Ideal Candidates will
- Have at least 1 year of recent experience in a Hospital/Hotel foodservice environment
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively and professionally with others.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check
- Be at least 18 years of age