Chicago, IL 60604
Our busy client is looking for a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals as per their standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our client’s guests and creating repeat business.
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our dining hours
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department
Ideal Candidates will:
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry
- Be able to read and follow standardized recipes
- Have a strong working knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- Be able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check.
First Class Workforce Solutions, is the area's leading staffing and recruiting agency for the Food Service and Hospitality positions. For more than twenty-five years, First Class Workforce has been providing employers with proven staffing solutions that help grow their business, reduce risk, and boost their bottom line. Our staffing services deliver workforce solutions that matter and have developed a reputation for quality placement performance. We work with corporate cafeterias, hospitals, hotels, sports complexes, catering companies, and much more! First Class Workforce is looking for individuals who have strong customer service skills, recent experience and knowledge of the position for which they are applying