Houston, TX 77030
We are in need of Kitchen Utility Workers to staff our morning, afternoon and swing shifts. The ideal candidate believes in showing up on time for work, providing other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed and following all sanitary and health-related protocols. If you’ve ever dreamed of working as a Kitchen Manager or Prep Cook, this position might provide you with a great start.
The Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but are not limited to them. These responsibilities may differ, depending on business necessities and requirements.
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine, depending on the worksite.
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver (when required).
- May wash pots (when required).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will:
- Be at least 18 years of age to work for First Class Workforce Solutions
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively and professionally with others.
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Ability to operate industrial machinery and carry loads up to 20 lbs
- Willingness to work in hot, humid environment and on your feet for 8-hour shifts
- Must be able to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check.
First Class Workforce Solutions, is the area's leading staffing and recruiting agency for the Food Service and Hospitality positions. For more than twenty-five years, First Class Workforce has been providing employers with proven staffing solutions that help grow their business, reduce risk, and boost their bottom line. Our staffing services deliver workforce solutions that matter and have developed a reputation for quality placement performance. We work with corporate cafeterias, hospitals, hotels, sports complexes, catering companies, and much more! First Class Workforce is looking for individuals who have strong customer service skills, recent experience and knowledge of the position for which they are applying.