*** Cashiers ***
Houston, TX 77077
First Class Workforce Solutions is looking for a Cashier who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality. As a team-oriented company, we seek an individual who can be flexible with work hours. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform basic math functions to collect payments and make change
- Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals
- Have, or will get, Food handlers and TABC certification
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions
- Handle exchanges and refunds in a quick, efficient manner
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers
- Maintain accurate cash drawer
- Take a tally of the funds in the cash register when required during a shift and produce transaction reports
- Keep the checkout area clean and orderly
Ideal Candidates will :
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Previous experience in a retail store or as a cashier
- Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively and professionally with others.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Click below to apply