Saint Louis, MO 63103
Banquet Server Job Description-
First Class Workforce Solutions is looking for experienced banquet servers to join our local team. Banquet Servers are the face of an event and perform serving duties for meals at hotels, conference centers, conventions and for special events through catering companies. Banquet servers are responsible for accommodating all guests at a function while circulating the room. Anticipating the needs of the guests and responding politely to their requests are common required tasks.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure exemplary guest service through all forms of banquet service, carving stations, bartending, running food during events, buffets, plated, replenishing product and supplies in compliance with event standards.
- Ensure that events are properly equipped and executed by transporting, pulling, setting up and breaking down, as well as returning equipment to designated storages in compliance with event standards and instructions.
- Perform side work by helping to provide a safe and clean work environment.
- Clean, organize and restock equipment/product returning from catering events.
- Understand and adhere to safety responsibilities as well as environmental laws by following established procedures, policies, training and involvement activities.
- Perform other duties that could be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous waitress, waiter or banquet server experience requires
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent customer service skills
Physical demands and abilities
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distance vision
- Frequently walking with some standing at times, possibly extended distances; ability to bend and climb stairs when necessary
- Frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly