Houston, TX 77080
- Coordinate banquet and catering functions.
- Maintain a current inventory of all banquet and catering supplies.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager with menu development.
- Verify the quality of all products being distributed by catering.
- Effectively communicate with all guests and staff in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- Organize and coordinate event timeline, ensuring that the service runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Coordinate and oversee décor set-up and breakdown.
- Processing and receiving food orders on time.
- Liaison with vendors and external suppliers.
10.Assisting management with food and décor budget, and managing finances.
11.Maintain high personal grooming standards and professional demeanor.
12.Coordinate the billing of catering and banquets with financial staff.
15.Position will require a varied schedule includes holidays, weekends and evenings.
16.Perform other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Two years of related catering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Experience in event scheduling, training, catering, banquets and menu development helpful.
- Service, motivation and integrity in decisions is a fundamental requirement.
- Knowledge and skill in using computer software, including MS Word / Excel /Email and scheduling software.
- Ability to adhere to a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain open, direct, positive and objective lines of communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks calmly, professionally and with flexibility